• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

RRC JD growth progression

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
T

thirst

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dan has a lot of history w the frag. I think it just evolved over time. Who knows, I bought a jd frag from fathers office, and the colors were exactly the same, and low coralite density.

A Reef Creation

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_9746.jpg

Here is part of that cookie seen in the first photo back in August 2018

A Reef Creation

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unknown.jpg

BigR's Jaw dropper colony. Not sure why some have that thin coralite growth but ours did not have that growth form.

TCK Corals

Always 100% Aquacultured
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The photo from ARC above is a sister cookie frag to the one we originally sent to the OP. (Cut from the same growout which came from the original 7 frags we made after we got the piece in 2017) It grew into the photo we posted on the previous page

A Reef Creation

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_1099.jpg

November 20th, 2018. The cookie is just above the blue Cookie Monster acro. It's grown a ton in 3 months and was mounted onto a bigger round white disk.

A Reef Creation

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_1729.jpg

January 2019, it can be seen just above the purple snail. Getting thick with some actual branches. At this point we started harvesting branches and I believe we had a frag on our January Livesale.

Charlie’s Frags

Follow me on Instagram @Charlies Frags
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t have the jaw dropper, so you all can take this for whatever it’s worth, but every coral I have received from TCK has arrived healthy, legitimate and still alive and happy going on over a year now. In fact there was a fedex mishap and Dan was ready to refund my $700, but I was able to track down the package later that night. Dan has always been extremely professional and kind to me.

Msanchez_4342

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a RRC jawdropper from Dan at TCk. And it is the real deal. it might just be lightning or even nutrients. I can guarantee that what you have is the real RRC jawdropper.

Jason Miller

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got fake corals from tck before and they tried to tell me it came from the source. I believe they got a jaw dropper from rrc but IMO that is not what they sent you.
I have bough multiple acros from Dan @TCK Corals and I 100% Guarantee that it is what you paid for. You have to realize most corals Acros especially grow differently in the imviroment they are in, in the ocean and especially in a reef tank. Flow and Par spectrum play a large toll in the growth rate and the formity. If you have weak flow in the Genral location of that specific acro could be the reason that branch’s are skinny and not chunking up. Acros need lots of flow and spectrum. With stable peramitors of course .

TCK Corals

Always 100% Aquacultured
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got fake corals from tck before and they tried to tell me it came from the source. I believe they got a jaw dropper from rrc but IMO that is not what they sent you.
Was your purchase made within the past year?

TCK Corals

Always 100% Aquacultured
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No. I purchased a pack of 28 frags from you in June of 2017
That was previous owners of TCK. It was acquired by Dan in 2018, so that said, the current admin/staff really don't have anything to do with your last purchase. If there's anything you've ordered from us after Nov 2018 that you're not satisfied with please let us know how we can help.

Thanks, I.T. - Remy

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That was previous owners of TCK. It was acquired by Dan in 2018, so that said, the current admin/staff really don't have anything to do with your last purchase. If there's anything you've ordered from us after Nov 2018 that you're not satisfied with please let us know how we can help.

Thanks, I.T. - Remy
My purchase was made from Dan.

Jason Miller

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My purchase was made from Dan.
I find that very hard to believe ! I have spent a lot of $$$ with Dan @TCK Corals and intend to spend even more in the future . By far the most stand up guy I’ve dealt with, and the man even calls me to make sure I know my order is shipped and on its way. All of his Corals are legit and epic..!

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I find that very hard to believe ! I have spent a lot of $$$ with Dan @TCK Corals and intend to spend even more in the future . By far the most stand up guy I’ve dealt with, and the man even calls me to make sure I know my order is shipped and on its way. All of his Corals are legit and epic..!
I really didn’t want to turn this thread into having issues with tck but since you 100% guarantee what I paid for is what I got I’ll let you know it’s not true.

I bought a 28 pack of wysiwyg corals from tck. All 28 corals arrived without any names on the bags. I tried to match corals to pics I had of my wysiwyg corals and noticed some were missing and were replaced with others. Lots of the more expensive ones were missing. I felt the bags having no names was done purposely so it would be difficult to find out stuff was missing.
About 6 months after my order there was a Facebook thread someone started with the same exact thing happening to them. Many more commented saying the same happened to them also. The post was soon locked and deleted as they were a sponsor.

Dan does not deny swapping my WYSIWYG corals but was only told so after I said something to him. I still have corals from that order years later that I have no idea what they are.

Can you still 100% guarantee me what I paid for is what I got?

0181905D-8AD2-43FC-843A-662035C4CC64.jpeg

Jason Miller

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really didn’t want to turn this thread into having issues with tck but since you 100% guarantee what I paid for is what I got I’ll let you know it’s not true.

I bought a 28 pack of wysiwyg corals from tck. All 28 corals arrived without any names on the bags. I tried to match corals to pics I had of my wysiwyg corals and noticed some were missing and were replaced with others. Lots of the more expensive ones were missing. I felt the bags having no names was done purposely so it would be difficult to find out stuff was missing.
About 6 months after my order there was a Facebook thread someone started with the same exact thing happening to them. Many more commented saying the same happened to them also. The post was soon locked and deleted as they were a sponsor.

Dan does not deny swapping my WYSIWYG corals but was only told so after I said something to him. I still have corals from that order years later that I have no idea what they are.

Can you still 100% guarantee me what I paid for is what I got?

0181905D-8AD2-43FC-843A-662035C4CC64.jpeg
Well that’s unfortunate. My experience is pre 2018. Not sure what the organization was doing in 2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 38 50.0%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 40 52.6%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 16 21.1%
  • None.

Votes: 19 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 9.2%
Back