RSR Overflow Comb Removal

ReefKeeperElite

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd like to remove the RSR combs for cleaning in citric acid.
They are caked with coraline, which may be contributing to why I can't remove them.
Are there locks snapped into place that need to be released?

HankstankXXL750

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I'd like to remove the RSR combs for cleaning in citric acid.
They are caked with coraline, which may be contributing to why I can't remove them.
Are there locks snapped into place that need to be released?
I have 5 reefers so I think I’m safe to say no. They just have to slide straight up. Yes coralline locks them in place. If you can see the outline maybe score the coralline with a razor knife or just carefully press in at the bottom seam/joint and pry up a little. I’m usually able to use my thumb nails, but I got to where I pull them monthly.

Susan Edwards

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In fact thinking of when I might have to do this, I'm thinking it might be nice to order a spare. pop one off, pop new on. clean removed comb and repeat. I have a spare wet side mp40 and it makes cleaning t hem easier

OP
OP
ReefKeeperElite

ReefKeeperElite

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In fact thinking of when I might have to do this, I'm thinking it might be nice to order a spare. pop one off, pop new on. clean removed comb and repeat. I have a spare wet side mp40 and it makes cleaning t hem easier

Thanks Hank and Susan. I agree to have a spare comb, and clean them one by one to avoid a fish disaster. If one got in there, it probably would not survive the attempt to retrieve it, which would be a complete headache in itself.

OP
OP
ReefKeeperElite

ReefKeeperElite

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Realized that I already have the replacements. They are attached to the refugium divider plate that comes with the Reefer sump. This allows me to start this maintenance sooner rather than later.

tempImagejWUoM9.png

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 24.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 55 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 49 30.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%
Back