Rubbish shroom split

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any idea of what to expect from this disaster? This was one shroom. Natural split. Looks like a whole shroom is healing on the right, but the left is still attached at two separate points. Are those meant to become new shrooms? If not, this split was all for naught, because I only see one viable shroom here. Thanks!

1711148840299.jpeg

OP
OP
JoJosReef

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They do that
Looks ugly. And all of a sudden everyone in the tank has its own shroom.
I'll wait and see how they heal up then. I'd like to get them off of that rock. Once they're on a rock like that it's murder trying to get them off--I'd like one big green (which you see to the left) and one red and maybe an orange on that rock. Seems like the greens have other plans.

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'll wait and see how they heal up then. I'd like to get them off of that rock. Once they're on a rock like that it's murder trying to get them off--I'd like one big green (which you see to the left) and one red and maybe an orange on that rock. Seems like the greens have other plans.
My reds will do whatever it takes. Even float off to no where attemping to make it to the other side of the tank.

OP
OP
JoJosReef

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My reds will do whatever it takes. Even float off to no where attemping to make it to the other side of the tank.
Never had that. I had blue spot discos in my other tank that did that, but these greens and reds don't go anywhere, just split and expand on the rocks they're on. Getting them to detach is difficult. I took a rock out and pointed a powerhead right at the shroom in a bucket for 24hr and it did nothing.

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
All im getting at, someone is trying to form an army to take over. Im not sure if theres away to provoke them to certain places. I have a green shroom on the back/bottom of my tank and couldnt move it :(

OP
OP
JoJosReef

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All im getting at, someone is trying to form an army to take over. Im not sure if theres away to provoke them to certain places. I have a green shroom on the back/bottom of my tank and couldnt move it :(
Haha, hope you don't have green Pocciliopora in your tank. I understand they are super invasive dropping polyps everywhere.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 33 12.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 155 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.1%
Back