RubensReef 75G in-wall Build Thread

nice update! i can imagine my wife's face now when i propose turning a full bath into a half bath for a fish room haha!
Give it a try.... I told my wife that if I move the fish tank to the wall and make a room for it I can do everything for the tank in one place and will be more room in the space that the tank is now.
 
Ok, leak test passed. I’m going to leave the tank running to get all the fumes from the pvc pipe glue out. Then I will fill up with RODI and add salt until reach the 1.026 salinity.
 
Another update. To me this is the hardest part of moving from one tank to another. The rocks, specially if I’m not keeping all the rocks getting rid off GSP. So basically I have to start moving fish and the corals I like to keep on the new tank and the fish. Everything is doing great on the new tank. Now I’m selling most of my RBTA, too many 12 and some rocks with GSP.

8359497D-FFF3-4976-9AF3-134EC3E11BFF.jpeg
89AE0505-3002-40D5-8A7D-548AC47F5FA9.jpeg
 
Ok, just moved the 40g to my stepdaughter house. Now to finish painting the wall and installing the frame around the tank and done.

52F88C99-4158-4399-95D9-0AE17477BC79.jpeg
 
Last edited:
Painted the wall gray, now searching for the right molding..

1C5C08D3-4184-49FA-A6F5-53D5EC39C34D.jpeg
 
I like the gray - it sets off the wall nicely and is a great contrast to the tank! Have you thought about trying to match the trim above the doorway? What color are you planning to paint the trim?
 
I like the gray - it sets off the wall nicely and is a great contrast to the tank! Have you thought about trying to match the trim above the doorway? What color are you planning to paint the trim?
That's exactly what i'm debating now. White will match all the other trims but painting the trim the same gray will make the tank highlight more.
 
That's exactly what i'm debating now. White will match all the other trims but painting the trim the same gray will make the tank highlight more.

I can see why that is a tough decision. It would seem like the color choice would help determine which trim - if you go with the white then you would tend toward matching the existing trim in the area and if you go with the same or slightly darker shade of gray then you could go with a much lower profile trim.
 
That looks fantastic! You can certainly be proud of all of your work!

giphy.gif
 
Saw this in person and man has that come a long way. Absolutely stunning!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 8.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new