Ruby Rally for Fungal Infections?

Bophy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greetings all, my chisseltooth wrasse recently passed with what looked like a fungal infection. My LFS had told me to treat him in QT with ruby rally although it wasn’t successful. I used the proper dosage, but after around 5 days, the infection had quickly spread and he had died in the night. Any thoughts on if ruby rally was the right move?
Thanks .

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Greetings all, my chisseltooth wrasse recently passed with what looked like a fungal infection. My LFS had told me to treat him in QT with ruby rally although it wasn’t successful. I used the proper dosage, but after around 5 days, the infection had quickly spread and he had died in the night. Any thoughts on if ruby rally was the right move?
Thanks .
Wont be able to confirm what you have without pics under white lighting of the area of concern

OP
OP
B

Bophy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wont be able to confirm what you have without pics under white lighting of the area of concern
This photo is how it started, unfortunately I didn’t take any photos of it as it worsened. The white looking abrasion on the top of his head had turned into a redis-brown looking infection. It had gotten about 5x bigger with the flesh around the wound becoming frayed and loose. It almost looked like the top of his head was rotting away. When I found him the morning he died, there was what looked like white-webby-stringy substance attached around his body, especially around his gills. I’m not sure what that was but he looked horrible, I feel awful I couldn’t help him. Looked like a terrible way to go .

Attachments

• BA8AD014-BC38-49F0-9660-974217898028.jpeg
    BA8AD014-BC38-49F0-9660-974217898028.jpeg
    177.7 KB · Views: 31

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
This photo is how it started, unfortunately I didn’t take any photos of it as it worsened. The white looking abrasion on the top of his head had turned into a redis-brown looking infection. It had gotten about 5x bigger with the flesh around the wound becoming frayed and loose. It almost looked like the top of his head was rotting away. When I found him the morning he died, there was what looked like white-webby-stringy substance attached around his body, especially around his gills. I’m not sure what that was but he looked horrible, I feel awful I couldn’t help him. Looked like a terrible way to go .
That was a result of injury and nick that developed into a bacterial issue and sorry to hear.
For something like this- Required would be a quarantine tank and treatment - Seachem kanaplex

OP
OP
B

Bophy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That was a result of injury and nick that developed into a bacterial issue and sorry to hear.
For something like this- Required would be a quarantine tank and treatment - Seachem kanaplex
Got it, thank you! I have a QT, but there was a little bit of sand in it. I was wondering if a QT should be completely empty of anything, or if some sand in there is fine. This may be a dumb question.

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Got it, thank you! I have a QT, but there was a little bit of sand in it. I was wondering if a QT should be completely empty of anything, or if some sand in there is fine. This may be a dumb question.
QT should but its mainly rock that will absorb medications

OP
OP
B

Bophy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
QT should but its mainly rock that will absorb medications
Sounds good, one last question sorry!! I will have the kanaplex ordered but does ruby rally target fungal infections? I’m just curious because that’s what my LFS had told me. Thanks!

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Sounds good, one last question sorry!! I will have the kanaplex ordered but does ruby rally target fungal infections? I’m just curious because that’s what my LFS had told me. Thanks!
Fungal with Ruby- No. Ruby is a Broad-Spectrum treatment that treats external parasites, flagellates, velvet, flukes, brook, bacterial Infections, fin Rot, and secondary bacterial Infections.

OP
OP
B

Bophy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fungal with Ruby- No. Ruby is a Broad-Spectrum treatment that treats external parasites, flagellates, velvet, flukes, brook, bacterial Infections, fin Rot, and secondary bacterial Infections.
Okay, that’s what I was thinking. I had gone back to return something earlier today. I asked about the RR again but they had insisted it treated fungal as well. Thank you so much! Have a great day.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 40.1%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 31 21.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 34.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back