ruby red dragonet for 20 gallon long?

ZombieEngineer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dragonets are like hummingbirds. If there isn't adequate food for them to graze on, it doesn't matter if they take frozen, they will still starve.

If you had a 20 gallon attached refugium, got one to take frozen/pellets and fed the frozen/pellets at least 4 times a day, you could be okay, but otherwise you're slowly starving it.

Chrisv.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dragonets are like hummingbirds. If there isn't adequate food for them to graze on, it doesn't matter if they take frozen, they will still starve.

If you had a 20 gallon attached refugium, got one to take frozen/pellets and fed the frozen/pellets at least 4 times a day, you could be okay, but otherwise you're slowly starving it.
If that lesson can be learned with a captive bred fish instead of a wild caught one, I think we can call it a victory.

OP
OP
Echo2656

Echo2656

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was planning on setting up a culture of pods and harvesting once a week to my tank. Will also set up phyto culture, but have no idea how to set up a fuge

OP
OP
Echo2656

Echo2656

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was also thinking of setting up a 40 gallon(might make a thread), I could temporally keep the mandarin in the 20 gallon long until the 40 has grown a good pod population. Was thiking about the fusion pro 2 40 gallon.

Chrisv.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was also thinking of setting up a 40 gallon(might make a thread), I could temporally keep the mandarin in the 20 gallon long until the 40 has grown a good pod population. Was thiking about the fusion pro 2 40 gallon.
Why not just wait for the bigger tank to mature? There is no rush. In the meantime, learn how to grow phyto and pods. You can use them in your current tanks and even sell them to local reefers. Our club has a "pod/phyto guy" and he is constantly selling pods and phyto to supplement the cost of the hobby.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

• I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

• I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back