Ruby Red Dragonet

cristata.reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everyone,

Thinking about setting up another tank in the future dedicated to a pair of ruby red dragonets/red scooter blennies (or whatever you want to call em). I'm aware that there are several species that are morphologically similar (my friend is a fish taxonomist) but I assume that they have the same/similar care requirements as all other dragonets. Please correct me if I am wrong.

For those of you who have successfully kept one, what would you suggest for someone who has never kept a dragonet before (I'm not a newbie though; been reefing for 4ish years now).

OP
OP
cristata.reef

cristata.reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you mean synchiropus sycorax, if so their care is practically similar to other dragonets

Yes, I believe that's the new name for the previously unnamed species. Would a 50g be okay if I had a 10-15 gallon sump (mainly fuge) and added a new culture of pods every other week?

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 32 59.3%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 14 25.9%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 9.3%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 1.9%
Back