Ruby: Velvet update!!

fishgirljockey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, it has been about 10 weeks for Ruby and I’m happy to announce, she has entered the main tank!! What a satisfying day! Slightly emotional lol mainly because I almost lost this fish about 20 times. I won’t forget the sleepless nights poking her to stay alive. The bad days I thought she wasn’t going to make it even after surviving velvet. Her fins are almost completely healed and she looks great. I’m hoping this will brighten her mood so I can put some weight back on her. All the other fish are doing well and everyone is back to being happy! No more buckets or small hospital tanks! I don’t want to see a bucket ever again. I hope I never go through this again as well. This has to be one of the most grueling parasites. Right now Ruby is weaving in and out of rocks with the zoomies lol it’s so great to see her alive and well. Never underestimate fish. They certainly want to live! Amazing creatures ❤️ thanks for all the support and help throughout this process. Hopefully everything stays well.

Here she is

Last edited:

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 68 86.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.8%
Back