Runaway anemone

lpsouth1978

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Best price would probably be one of the black boxes from amazon or ebay. Search Viparspectra on Amazon. you could probably use a 165W version and raise it above the tank (as long as no SPS). The 300W version would span the length of the tank better, but you would probably need to turn the light down. Another GREAT option that would cost a bit more would be a couple AI Prime 16HD's.

anthonygf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really? Ok any recommendations? I have a 50g
Depends on what you want to spend on lighting. I used a viparspectra 300 watt on my 46 gallon bowfront for several years before I upgraded to 75 gallon and 2 kessil 360we tuna blue and they are expensive. The vipar grew everything well, but is kind of bulky and heavy. The kessils light weight and easy to hang.

anthonygf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Best price would probably be one of the black boxes from amazon or ebay. Search Viparspectra on Amazon. you could probably use a 165W version and raise it above the tank (as long as no SPS). The 300W version would span the length of the tank better, but you would probably need to turn the light down. Another GREAT option that would cost a bit more would be a couple AI Prime 16HD's.
You beat me to it. Both great lights.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 30 37.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 10 12.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 25 30.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 14 17.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back