Running 2 tanks off one controller

Surfside74

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i currently have the apex jr on my 60 gallon tank that i bought used (never again). The unit is messed up when it comes to the temp readings and other things and apex says i need to send it in. Unfortunately i have my radion lights and vortechs hooked through it so not that easy. I have a couple of options and i am open to suggestions.

1. Buy a pm1 module for the apex jr i have and that should solve the temp problem without having to send unit back.

2. Send unit back but have to redo lights and pumps which is something i dont think i want to do. Requires hooking back up to ecosmartlive .

3. I am in the process of building a new 120. I have a tank build thread going. I can buy a new apex, probably the classic version, run the 30ft aquabus cable to my other tank, buy a pm1 module for it still and run everything off of one controller instead of having 2 controllers (1 for each tank). I can then use the wxm module i have for the tank now for both tanks. Both tanks will also share the vfeed profile and feed at same time. Downside is everything is controlled from one controller and if something happens i could be screwed.

Thoughts or suggestions?

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i currently have the apex jr on my 60 gallon tank that i bought used (never again). The unit is messed up when it comes to the temp readings and other things and apex says i need to send it in. Unfortunately i have my radion lights and vortechs hooked through it so not that easy. I have a couple of options and i am open to suggestions.

1. Buy a pm1 module for the apex jr i have and that should solve the temp problem without having to send unit back.

2. Send unit back but have to redo lights and pumps which is something i dont think i want to do. Requires hooking back up to ecosmartlive .

3. I am in the process of building a new 120. I have a tank build thread going. I can buy a new apex, probably the classic version, run the 30ft aquabus cable to my other tank, buy a pm1 module for it still and run everything off of one controller instead of having 2 controllers (1 for each tank). I can then use the wxm module i have for the tank now for both tanks. Both tanks will also share the vfeed profile and feed at same time. Downside is everything is controlled from one controller and if something happens i could be screwed.

Thoughts or suggestions?
I would buy the PM1 module and use 2 separate controllers. Apex Fusion makes handling 2 controllers very easy. And, if you do have a failure with one, you can shift some basic functionality to the working controller with a little effort. Much more limited adding to the Apex jr, but you could get some stuff working.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 48 34.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 45 32.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 32 23.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back