Running trident without buying all gear?

acroholicanonymous

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 1, 2024
Messages
269
Reaction score
187
Location
Florida
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m really interested in the trident as I’ve been reading great reviews since they started to use a reference parameters from other testers.

Now I really don’t want to buy all in to Neptune’s and just want to run the trident - can this be done with just buying a “brain”?
 
No.

The Trident needs some flavor of the Apex to work (A2, A3 or EL). It can't work outside of the Neptune ecosystem, at least not without significant DIY work and possibly hacking the unit to the point where it likely would have been easier and cheaper to have just bought an Apex to begin with.
 
So he could theoretically run Hydros to control his tank, and then use an Apex brain and Trident to test Alk, Cal, Mag only?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 8.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new