- Joined
- Apr 20, 2022
- Messages
- 722
- Reaction score
- 777
- Location
- Troy
- What state or country do you live in
- Montana
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
The penninsula works especially well for our house, the basement had the same layout as the upstairs other than the breakfast nook in the kitchen so the addition of the tank mirrors it nicely. They are both in the same place really and about the same length kinda fun.That's the dream. I'm hoping our next house has an unfinished basement with plumbing hookups so I can build a peninsula style tank with a dedicated fish room that's attached to my home office. It's fun to dream :)
I am 5’7 and i wanted to be able to wear a tshirt but never wet the sleeves. I could have gone 30” width for effectively the same cost. However due to lighting concerns and just the asthetics of where it sat in the basement we decided 28 was best. It ended up being the right decision as those extra two inches would have made it much more challenging to navigate the stairs down. Would have gone 6’ but it was just a couple buddies and i bringing the tank down the stairs. Didnt want to push our luck.Following along! We are very close to building a house and I will have a similar setup with Peninsula tank and an adjacent 13 x 7 fish room.
I'm leaning toward glass cages with 72" x 30", but I can't decide on the height. How did you decide on 20"?
I am 5’7 and i wanted to be able to wear a tshirt but never wet the sleeves. I could have gone 30” width for effectively the same cost. However due to lighting concerns and just the asthetics of where it sat in the basement we decided 28 was best. It ended up being the right decision as those extra two inches would have made it much more challenging to navigate the stairs down. Would have gone 6’ but it was just a couple buddies and i bringing the tank down the stairs. Didnt want to push our luck.
You definitely wont be disappointed with glass cages.
Can't wait to see their growth! Hoping everything thrives!ill be leaving this Thursday until june 15 for work. Figured id snap a few before pictures mow and post some afters when i get back. My valida and humilis have already noticeably grown, excited to see what they look like in 45 days! Hopefully they arent bone white!
My glass cages is 72 x 30 x 25. The 25 inch height is perfect. You just need to get up on a stool if you want to reach the bottom. Not difficult at all.Following along! We are very close to building a house and I will have a similar setup with Peninsula tank and an adjacent 13 x 7 fish room.
I'm leaning toward glass cages with 72" x 30", but I can't decide on the height. How did you decide on 20"?
I think with my tank being a peninsula it is also nice having a shallower tank. Especially with the scape being so low in a lot of areas. Your tank looks great btw!My glass cages is 72 x 30 x 25. The 25 inch height is perfect. You just need to get up on a stool if you want to reach the bottom. Not difficult at all.
ThxI think with my tank being a peninsula it is also nice having a shallower tank. Especially with the scape being so low in a lot of areas. Your tank looks great btw!