RWU captive bred royal grammas- deformed???

  • Thread starter Thread starter rishma
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

rishma

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 15, 2009
Messages
2,759
Reaction score
2,504
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been looking at the captive bred royal grammas for weeks but I swear they all look deformed around the head/gills. Is it just me?

CD7F2CFE-AC10-42CF-8491-30C5737CB29C.jpeg
 
My thread didn’t seem to resonate with anyone. I won’t be buying one, which is a bummer because captive bred is always my preference. Interestingly there was a post on reef builders about deformations in captive bred fish.
Here is one from tonight. Mouth looks messed up
E21ABF10-448C-42D7-BF47-C63760D982B0.jpeg
 
I hate the CB fish because they all have some form of deformity. If I went for a CB fish it would be either a Black Neon Dottyback or a Electric Indigo Dottyback.
 
I have been looking at the captive bred royal grammas for weeks but I swear they all look deformed around the head/gills. Is it just me?

CD7F2CFE-AC10-42CF-8491-30C5737CB29C.jpeg
All the ones I’ve seen in person have had gill/head deformities compared to a WC one. My LFS says they don’t notice any of these deformities in the CB fish they get but YTs and PTs have HLLE most of the time, and adult CB yellow tangs have colour deformities. I think I’d rather wait for pricing to drop more on the CB versions of these fish because so far the only fish that doesn’t look deformed are the mandarins they have but even then the pricing they get sold at for a fish that can turn back to its wild diet at any moment seems like it’s too much.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new