Sabae vs. Metallic Green Carpet

re_vogel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a Sabae Anemone for about a decade without issue. Got rid of the Sabae but now want another anemone. Thinking about getting a Metallic Green Carpet . Does anyone have experience with both? If so can you speak to the care differences between the two? Also, any other issues with the carpet that I would not have experienced with the Sebae?

Thanks in advance.
Randall

chizerbunoi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have both. A carpet will eat all your other fish so you will have to be very selective on choice. They grow fast as well if you feed them. If it goes into your powerhead and dies, you could nuke your tank as well. Apart from that, it’s just as easy to care for as your former Sebae.

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haddoni Carpet can be one of the most colorful anemone, baring none. It would be hard press for you to get a more colorful anemone than a Neon Green Haddoni. I am sure that is why you want them. They are fish eater with a very strong sting. Certain species of fish will fall prey to them while other fish know to keep away. It would be when you will loose one fish rather than if you will loose a fish to him.

Sebae (H. crispa) is a rock anemone while S. haddoni is a sand bed anemone, need 2+ inches to keep happy.

OP
OP
R

re_vogel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. I had heard that they like to eat fish but wasn’t sure if that was an exaggeration or a reality. As far as size goes o have a 150 so I have some room but at the same time I don’t want a gigantic anemone. If I don’t feed it or if I feed it on a more sparing basis can their size be controlled?

chizerbunoi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I find that mine are very picky and move around a lot especially when the power heads change their direction with cleaning. With stronger water flow, they huddle the rockscape. With weaker flow they move into the open and tend to hug up the glass.

It started out as 12” and already became 16” since August. Feeding is once every two weeks. If you don’t feed then plan for it to grow that way within a year.most of the time they fold up so it’s not as bad. But sometimes they spread out and show its glory. Thus taking up so much space.

there is another poster in this forums from NYC, who has 8 Haddoni in a 65 water box. Maybe you can ask his experience?

2D4EC702-94AE-4B64-B233-5B142D8683F2.jpeg

F9BDDCCB-35D7-4EA3-BAE2-6106BA18BF14.jpeg

17ADAB13-84CD-4646-9B14-A525AB42028C.jpeg

chizerbunoi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found his thread.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 86.8%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 7 6.1%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back