Sabella's 450L mixed reef build thread

Tom Blevins

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First look at your post, Very nice & great collection as well keep posting.

I wish I can get my S.C.O.P. to look like yours it's a slooooooooow grower for me
and I have hope with several of Kenny's frags as well to get the colors like yours
they are all small at the moment.

Tom

trido

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks real good! I can see your photography skills are getting better by the week. Some real nice SPS frags in there too. Adobe Light Room if you can afford it will help put the finishing touches on some of the photos if you get more serious with the pics.

OP
OP
Sabellafella

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Looks real good! I can see your photography skills are getting better by the week. Some real nice SPS frags in there too. Adobe Light Room if you can afford it will help put the finishing touches on some of the photos if you get more serious with the pics.
Thank you but your tank is soo awesome man, i just started using a dslr and still trying to understand exposure and aperture. Hopefully soon ill get the hang of it

Last edited:
OP
OP
Sabellafella

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Really? Scop is acually growing quick for me as it covered the plug in about a month. Maybe its the high nutrients :confused:

I wish I can get my S.C.O.P. to look like yours it's a slooooooooow grower for me
and I have hope with several of Kenny's frags as well to get the colors like yours

Tom

OP
OP
Sabellafella

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0

Tom
What pieces did you get from him

OP
OP
Sabellafella

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Blue Planet,Pinkberry, Megamind,RR Lady in Pink, Rainbow Milli, Chrismas Mirabillis
the pink berrys pretty cool,its polyps come flying out under high direct flow, even kenny has his coloney infront of a gyre lol. once the encrusting stops it starts showing that pink/grey tone with royal blue tips. Unfortunantly i basically traded mine out for jacksons tenuis. Prob going to buy it again though

Last edited:
OP
OP
Sabellafella

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Screenshot_2016-03-23-16-55-47.png
Screenshot_2016-03-23-16-58-02.png
As stupid as could be, finally figured out how to ajust white balance on camera and photo so ill be posting some stuff tonight under led but Before i get slaughtered by a disclaimer, heres a no led, cell phone, coral+ purple+ and 2 blue+ washed out WD+ASD rainbow pheonix photo.

Tom Blevins

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the pink berrys pretty cool,its polyps come flying out under high direct flow, even kenny has his coloney infront of a gyre lol. once the encrusting stops it starts showing that pink/grey tone with royal blue tips. Unfortunantly i traded mine out for jacksons tenuis. Prob going to buy it again though

Nice Picture & mine look nothing like that might have to talk to Kenny he my have sold me Blue ones Ha ,Mine are still Blue no pink to be found yet and I have RW-20'S rotating on sea swirls so they get blasted every 40 -50 seconds good, I have the Jackson too and that is 1 of my favorites, just now getting the pink to come out on it with the LEDS.

OP
OP
Sabellafella

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Nice Picture & mine look nothing like that might have to talk to Kenny he my have sold me Blue ones Ha ,Mine are still Blue no pink to be found yet and I have RW-20'S rotating on sea swirls so they get blasted every 40 -50 seconds good, I have the Jackson too and that is 1 of my favorites, just now getting the pink to come out on it with the LEDS.
Really? I guess the pinkberry has to get a little bigger because mine took about 6 months to finally get the pink. My jacksons tenuis is nice and blue, havnt got the red yet

Tom Blevins

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really? I guess the pinkberry has to get a little bigger because mine took about 6 months to finally get the pink. My jacksons tenuis is nice and blue, havnt got the red yet

Yeah they are on plugs still encrusted and about an 1" tall, my Jackson is 3" under the water level so it's
at the highest point in the tank.

OP
OP
Sabellafella

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Also going to add to the list of my maintenance and test kits i use. I currently use the red sea reefer stock gravity fed ato, reason bieng is every 4 days i have to top it off and to be honest, thats what keeps me from letting my mesh socks overflow. Every sunday morning i started to do a 20 gallon waterchange (around 17%) and clean my skimmer cup. I also take about 10 minutes after a wc to clean w.e is collecting detritus- sand/sump/bubbletrap sponge/rocks- the list goes on.

Test kits. Now i test atleast twice a week, all standard parameters. I try to use whats most accurate against triton (sad to say but all of them were off somewhat, also maybe human error). I try to triton test twice every 3to4 months. Beside my current test kits, ill use the red sea triple threat from time to time just to see if im off by a long run but im currently using...

Alk- mostly hannah, going to try lamotte soon, if anyone thinks otherwise please tell me so i dont order it.
Calc- red seas calc test is acually really good and matched triton almost spot on
Mag- nyos, grabbed it a little while ago and IMO the most easyest and most accurate mag test kit ive ever used
N03- was using red sea but now using nyos, takes 2 seconds
P04- ben experimenting with salifert reagent in the p04 hannah checker but using the ulr
K - having high hopes for salifert to be back in usa, i recommend anyone that spent a whole lot of bucks in the hobby to test potassium.

Last edited:

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 24 30.0%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 18 22.5%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 21 26.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 17 21.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back