Sabella's 450L mixed reef build thread

Still the good ol blue plus. Coral plus and purple plus bulbs!
Running the Blue Plus and Coral Plus at one point but lost the purple and pinks of the HW. I've switched Coral Plus to true actinics hoping for the colors to come back.
 
Running the Blue Plus and Coral Plus at one point but lost the purple and pinks of the HW. I've switched Coral Plus to true actinics hoping for the colors to come back.
There was a point in time where I accidently swapped out a purple plus bulb for a blue plus for i believe 2 3 months and my corals absolutely colored up better.

I never kept it that way. When I noticed I switched back to using a purple but it might be worth taking the purple out all together.

In 11 years it was one of the first times ive ever noticed such a big positive difference in a short period of time. Just from 1 t5 bulb.
 
Amazing pics! Inspiring too!! What to do when you love 100 different kind of acros but your tank is only so big, haha

20250724_101604(1).jpg
20250709_184457(1).jpg
 
Running the Blue Plus and Coral Plus at one point but lost the purple and pinks of the HW. I've switched Coral Plus to true actinics hoping for the colors to come back.
There was a point in time where I accidently swapped out a purple plus bulb for a blue plus for i believe 2 3 months and my corals absolutely colored up better.

I never kept it that way. When I noticed I switched back to using a purple but it might be worth taking the purple out all together.

In 11 years it was one of the first times ive ever noticed such a big positive difference in a short period of time. Just from 1 t5 bulb.
Thanks! I’ll give that a go.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new