Sabella's 450L mixed reef build thread

Two of the pickups from reef raft Canada. One is their Tropicana acro not anacro.
IMG_20190724_212932_918.jpg
IMG_20190724_170017_983.jpg
 
Just jumped on board @Sabellafella and I have to say, HOLY MOLY! I knew you know what you're doing because of comments I've seen you make all over R2R. So, I actually wasn't super surprised to see your system but it is beautiful and I love the colors.
 
Corals are getting thick in there!
20190802_162954.jpg
think its about time to get a calcium reactor. Atleast once a month I'm throwing cuts out of monticap and some lesser expensive acros. I've must've setup about 11 different tanks since the beginning of the year, and never took time out for myself so. Once everything settles down I'll be in good shape to start getting my larger system plumbed. I bought a custom sump, another ati dimmable reefbrite hybrid, gigantic royal exclusive skimmer, 2 100 gallon water containers that are being plumbed tomorrow.
 
This is going to be a Nice one !!
 
Ive spend tons of time and money into this hobby but nothing would ever amount to this. Piece is ALOT of dollars but I'm just gratefull to have it. Theres not a single piece like it. Colony is basically a jd grafted with a budgie smuggler. Orange/crimson with red polyps, the green/maybe graft has blue polyps.

IMG_20190814_205018_650.jpg
 
IMG_20190720_215250_614.jpg

This is the growth tips off the colony. I tryed getting the hole piece but it's best to have not just incase. My buddy believes hes the only one that has this type of acro, and it's best to be in both hands.
Super slow grower
Being excited over an acro like this definitely keeps the hobby exciting for me. Tank Is 4 years running guys!
 
Ive spend tons of time and money into this hobby but nothing would ever amount to this. Piece is ALOT of dollars but I'm just gratefull to have it. Theres not a single piece like it. Colony is basically a jd grafted with a budgie smuggler. Orange/crimson with red polyps, the green/maybe graft has blue polyps.

IMG_20190814_205018_650.jpg
What is it called?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 7 53.8%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 5 38.5%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new