OP
14 foot reef

14 foot reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s definitely good information. You just don’t hear about using foam fractioners to control pH. I have about 400 gallons total volume in my system and my pH is in the 7.8-8.0 range. I can’t dump calcium hydroxide in fast enough to make much of a dent in my pH either. So where do you think the pH effect comes from in the skimmer? Injecting more air into the column or from longer contact time? Or both? I’m just wondering what your new skimmer will do that your old PM skimmer isn’t doing, to try to figure out what would be the best way to modify an existing skimmer to have an impact on pH. I realize your answer might just be speculation, and that’s fine.

Thanks for sharing.
I would speculate both, more air and longer contact time. Just think about this though the RK2 150pe pulled 300 (SCFH) Standard Cubic Feet per Hour ....... That is a massive amount of air to be injecting with a dedicated 1hp pump on a 2" venturi.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 22.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 33.9%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 54 31.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back