Sad Day - Ruby Headed Wrasse found on tile floor after vacation

  • Thread starter Thread starter cdness
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

cdness

2006 - Present
View Badges
Joined
Jul 15, 2009
Messages
3,986
Reaction score
153
Location
West Fargo, ND
What state or country do you live in
North Dakota
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was a sad day this morning when my wife found our beloved ruby headed wrasse on our tile floor. I have a full canopy on the tank, but there were cooling fans drilled into the back of the canopy. This fish was able to jump out of the tank and through a cooling fan to get onto the floor. The fans were not running as the lights were off, but let this be a reminder for all who have wrasses to cover your tank well. Don't assume they couldn't get through the smallest of gaps in your canopy.

Ruby you will be missed...
 
Man I hate that! Sorry. :(
 
Wow, so sorry to hear this...

We added the 1/4" mesh screening over our tank even though we have a full canopy. Mostly to keep the jumpers from bouncing off the light fixtures and bruising their mouths. It is crazy how they can find the smallest gap or opening.
 
Last edited:
Fish i can never have...

I run open tanks. Learned the hard way years ago with firefish and wrasse.
 
Bummer. :( I lost a green mandarin due to carpet surfing. I never would have that it would jump out.
 
Poor fishie... I'm sorry for your loss! : (
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new