Sad day with more first world problems.....

  • Thread starter Thread starter ReeferBob
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ReeferBob

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 20, 2013
Messages
1,505
Reaction score
588
Location
Damascus, MD
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I sold my 1966 Impala. It has been sitting untouched for over 2 years and I wanted the space back. It was purchased by a high-end restoration shop who plan on restoring it back to original with a concours quality rotisserie restoration. He told me when complete, it is an $85k car. It is actually a super rare and very desirable example of an SS Impala. It had some very rare options and was the right color not to mention #s matching engine. Of course it takes $50k to get there. Oh - he hinted it could be featured on one of those auto shows. If so, I will do another post!
 
:(
It will live a longer life than both of us and make many many smiles.

I hope you told those punks you get to drive it when their done!:D
 
Wasn't worth anywhere near 85K but I bought this 66' Chevelle (Malibu) drove it for awhile. Had the transmission rebuilt then the motor needed rebuilt. It sat in the garage for a few years, I listed it on eBay with a reserve I never thought it would hit. It went much higher than the reserve and the guy brought me cash. Said he had an identical black one and wanted white.

IMG_4262_zpsbd982c44.jpg


IMG_5201_zps506313d8.jpg


Chevelle_zpsc6a3bbe6.jpeg


IMG_5460_zps40c733fc.jpg


IMG_5459_zps3b1a73cb.jpg
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new