Sad looking pulsing xynea

Exotic Aquaria

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got a bunch of free floating xynea yesterday. Acclimated them for 2 hours then glued to live rock and placed in tank. They were looking ok but not as good as when they were acclimating. Came home from work and they look really sad and droopy. Is this just a normal part to them acclimating? My salt is a bit low due to acdidently adding to much fresh but working on slowly raising back to normal levels, all other perams seem to be in line based on last week's testing.

DSC reef

Coral wasted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like your having chemistry problems. How low did your salinity get? Last week's parameters won't matter this week if your salinity dropped. Pics will help too. At this point I'd try to get chemistry stable and go from there.

lbacha

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Xenia is a good indicator that something is wrong. I have a sump full of it for nutrient export and it will look droopy and not open fully any time something is amiss. It's great indicator as my tank is primarily sps and by the time they show signs it is usually too late

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.3%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 42 17.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 161 66.8%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 5.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back