Saddle back clown losing weight

  • Thread starter Thread starter Stacyod
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Stacyod

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 20, 2018
Messages
44
Reaction score
41
What state or country do you live in
Tennessee
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
my tank is a little over 2 1/2 years old. My saddle back clown was the first fish. she’s probably between 2 1/2 to 3 years old. She’s usually fat and sassy bossing everyone else in the tank around. The last few days she seems mopey, staying in her hiding place. When she does come out she seems to have lost weight. Yesterday she refused to eat wild caught shrimp, one of her favorites. All water parameters are within range. I did introduce some berghia nudibrachs last week. I had been using aptasia X but felt it was ineffective. I increased the calcium a little to meet the 400 ppm the berghia needed. Does anyone have an idea what’s wrong with my clown fish?
 
Can you post a picture taken under white light, or better yet, a short video?
Jay
 
Saddle Backs are great! I hope yours makes it.
 
829AA405-90E4-4D16-9AA2-A81F044AEFC3.jpeg
 
 
I’ve tried twice to post video with poor results. I’ll try to get a better photo.
EBF58819-1BA5-490D-B12B-C96E0BE6DC48.jpeg
DA931F6C-6B7E-4533-B6DA-8970FBE687C8.jpeg
67E23C15-487B-471B-8A6F-09B843D5609A.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 7.4%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new