Safe copper levels for new shark

So I just test again and now it is over .3. I removed a bag of carbon, and two bags of bio media, replaced the bio with two bags of matrix from one of my reef sumps.

I put a new cuprisorb pouch rated at 60 gallons yesterday yet it is still rising. Going to open the FX 6 and remove any media.

Any other suggestions? And as it was copper power, at what level should I determine this is bad for my shark. I could move him to the DT which doesn’t have any other fish in it, but haven’t fed him yet to know if he is eating.

I do not understand why it is going up as I haven’t changed anything except the water change. The bag of carbon got moved when I put in the new cuprisorb as the older pouch still looked like some was white so I left it in. Does cuprisorb leach the copper back in after a time, should I pull it as well?

Any advice would be appreciated.
Carbon is sometimes implicated in releasing stored copper, I don’t know about cuprisorb. Even still, a water change should reduce the amount of amine chelated copper in the tank by that percentage - if not, then try testing freshly mixed seawater to check for testing errors or malfunctions.
Jay
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 42 31.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new