Safe to use bleach

RSREEFING

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 3, 2020
Messages
163
Reaction score
47
Location
Racine
What state or country do you live in
Wisconsin
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this bleach safe to use for bleaching dry rock?

Screenshot_20210908-160733_Target.jpg
 
Absolutely. I do it every time I pickup some rock from CL or another reefer. Probably over kill but I use a mix of 4-1 water to bleach and soak the rocks for 4-5 days. Probably would be good with 4-5 minutes, i don't know. Rinse them off really well and then let dry out completely for a few days.

Now this is definitely a little OCD but I also give them a second rinse and complete drying just to make sure. Whole process takes almost 2 weeks.
 
For the last 2 years I've been using DollarTree bleach for washing filter socks.. i allow 24hrs for "afterwash" to air-out, gas-off.

Clorox is too pricey
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new