Safely adding a BTA to a mixed reef tank

duesmortem

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am reviving this thread because I am also interested in adding a small BTA to my current 10 gallon. I have tons of LPS and zoas and I am afraid that the BTA might kill some of them while looking for a perfect spot. Should I get a BTA and monitor it's movement and move my other corals accordingly or should I just not get one to avoid the stress and potential of losing any LPS and zoas?

jmichaelh7

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 50%
1   1   0
I bought a bright red bta. Then it split and they wondered off stinging all frags it’s tentacles touched bleaching them out.

long story short I removed them and sold them for my money back

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am reviving this thread because I am also interested in adding a small BTA to my current 10 gallon. I have tons of LPS and zoas and I am afraid that the BTA might kill some of them while looking for a perfect spot. Should I get a BTA and monitor it's movement and move my other corals accordingly or should I just not get one to avoid the stress and potential of losing any LPS and zoas?
Like the history of this thread reads, There are people on both sides of the aisle. I have seven anemones in my reef tank and could not imagine it without them.

duesmortem

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like the history of this thread reads, There are people on both sides of the aisle. I have seven anemones in my reef tank and could not imagine it without them.
I really want a BTA but I also don't want to lose anything that is already in my tank :'( I think I might just have to go for it and see what happens

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really want a BTA but I also don't want to lose anything that is already in my tank :'( I think I might just have to go for it and see what happens
You're going to have to weigh the pros and cons to you for your reef. Depending on how established everything is, you could introduce the nem into a side that has been cleared out for it. Once it sets and stays put for a while, refill in the coral safely around the tank.

duesmortem

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You're going to have to weigh the pros and cons to you for your reef. Depending on how established everything is, you could introduce the nem into a side that has been cleared out for it. Once it sets and stays put for a while, refill in the coral safely around the tank.
Ahhhhhh very good idea. This is the kind of content I have been searching for on these BTA threads. I was planning on redoing some aquascaping on one side of my tank so I will take that into consideration when I am making the new structures :cool:

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ahhhhhh very good idea. This is the kind of content I have been searching for on these BTA threads. I was planning on redoing some aquascaping on one side of my tank so I will take that into consideration when I am making the new structures :cool:
Good plan. Also plan for future growth of the anenome. They can get big! Gotta plan accordingly. These two live at the very top of the tank. On a tower of sorts because big girl on the left can reach out a foot in any direction from her attachment point.
PXL_20210428_010953565.jpg

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine walked around once in 4 years now.
He shrunk when he moved and walked around and not over anything. I had to move one coral from his new spot. He’s been settled for almost 2 years now. 9B3F7C5E-EAE0-42B6-A9F7-1932F44E39BD.jpeg

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 18 7.9%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 153 67.1%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back