Safety Connector

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Marc K

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am installing some safety connectors i just bought from Tunze on two 6205 stream pumps. Could any one help me work out or tell me what water flow i should expect when the pumps switch to 12v (assuming i have them running flat out at 22,000lph when connected to 24v). I am just trying to work out what flow i would like to maintain if i loose power to my tanks.

Thanks
Marc

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is a little less than half, in an emergency the main concern is surface movement/gas exchange, even an air stone or bilge pump can buy you several hours of time. We won't have the flow we would have but we also don't have light and the demand is less and it is the difference between emergency rations and a steak dinner. We are just trying to survive in this case.

OP
OP
Marc K

Marc K

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is a little less than half, in an emergency the main concern is surface movement/gas exchange, even an air stone or bilge pump can buy you several hours of time. We won't have the flow we would have but we also don't have light and the demand is less and it is the difference between emergency rations and a steak dinner. We are just trying to survive in this case.

Thanks for the reply. The plan is to backup two 6205 Streams. This should give plenty of flow in an emergency in a tank that is around 170 gallons. I am using an 80AH deep cycle battery so i should get a few hours out of it. I may run a test and measure the amp draw of the two pumps at 12 volt and full power. That should gibe some idea of run time. Unless you have a simple way to calculate that :)

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A 6205 running at 12V needs about 1.25 amp, you have roughly 32 hours of run time, I say roughly because AH is based on a discharge duration of 24 hours so it is not perfectly linear, but I would safely say you have a day assuming a fully charged and functional battery.

Back