sailfin blenny picking on my watchman goby

rich nyc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had this blenny for a year. I got a watchman goby and it was picking at it and now I have not seen him for a week. I do have a screen top as I don't want to lose my fish from jumping so I know he is there. Not sure if i should just put my blenny in the fuge but the fuge is sort of like a prison imo.

EmdeReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had this blenny for a year. I got a watchman goby and it was picking at it and now I have not seen him for a week. I do have a screen top as I don't want to lose my fish from jumping so I know he is there. Not sure if i should just put my blenny in the fuge but the fuge is sort of like a prison imo.
Yup you'll have to pick one and remove...they're similar enough in looks to not get along in a smaller tank...

OP
OP
rich nyc

rich nyc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just worried because the last time I tried to catch a fish my royal gramma jumped out of the tank. Ugh

EmdeReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just worried because the last time I tried to catch a fish my royal gramma jumped out of the tank. Ugh

Sorry to hear, it's a hassle. My kole tang decided to pick on a lawnmower blenny after ~2yrs and I pretty much had to tear everything down to catch it...
can try traps, though I've never been successful. I've seen videos of people using bottles for blennies and gobbies but I had no luck...

OP
OP
rich nyc

rich nyc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks all. I had to take out all my rocks but it is in my 20 gallon nano tank and was able to sell it within 1 hour of catching by posting on manhattan reefs. on a positive note, I thought I only had one peppermint shrimp but I have 2 and the watchman looks great and was lying next to my tiger pistol shrimp.

Last edited:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 24 14.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 94 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.7%
Back