Sailfin Tang and Exquisite fairy wrasse

amigo003

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

about 3 months ago I added a Sailfin Tang to my reef tank. It got along with the fish I had before it. Then I added a watchman and a firefish, then a couple of cardinals (to help the aggression between the two I had previously). My Sailfin was content flying around my tank checking things out and living his life. The sail fin shows no agressing to any other fish. Occasionally chasing my lawnmower blenny but not to the extent of stress.

then, I bought a exquisite fairy wrasse. The Sailfin chases that guy any time he sees him. The sail fin seems to be actively searching him out, but leaves everything else alone.

Will the Sailfin over time leave the Wrasse alone? Or will this end up killing the exquisite wrasse? I was hoping to have to exquisite wrasse for keeping the bristle worm population in check as well as keeping the corals safe.

I place nori in the tank and I have the back wall covered in algae for the blenny and Sailfin.

plan will be to move the Sailfin to a larger tank in the future (currently 75 gallon) move to a 125 with in the year. However, the sail fin currently is content and seems happy where he is.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 22.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 62 33.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 32.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 9.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.2%
Back