Sailifert KH/ALK Test Kit was bad

  • Thread starter Thread starter Cuda
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Cuda

Hunter
View Badges
Joined
Jun 25, 2009
Messages
1,297
Reaction score
17
Location
Lockport IL.
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a bad Sailifert KH/ALK Test Kit . Thought my water was fine but my DKH was so low I lost a bunch of zoos before I confirmed this with my old basic test kits I did water changes and just made things worse from RO water. This kit was so far off it was unreal. Thats what you get when you buy a test kit on sale from a pet store going out of bussiness.
:sure:
 
the API Alk test kit is pretty accurate and at a decent price, sorry to hear about ur losses.
 
I got a bad Sailifert KH/ALK Test Kit . Thought my water was fine but my DKH was so low I lost a bunch of zoos before I confirmed this with my old basic test kits I did water changes and just made things worse from RO water. This kit was so far off it was unreal. Thats what you get when you buy a test kit on sale from a pet store going out of bussiness.
:sure:

It was probably one of the old ones from a year or two ago when a lot of people posted about them having issues with it. Since then salifert fixed the issue.
That sucks!

I double check mine against another one every few months just to see.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 29.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 30.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new