• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

***SOLD***NEW Coast to Coast 36"x24"x24" internal overflow tank and Walnut Shaker stand

Item Price
$1,250
Selling Terms Of Service
  1. YES I have read the terms and agree to them
Buyer Protection
  1. YES I agree and I understand that as a seller I may not ask for payment through platforms that do not offer buyer’s protection.
Shipping
NO shipping is NOT available

seant2h

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm selling this tank because I've had it stored inside in our office and never set it up. This tank does not fit our home after we remodeled our family room and now I need a different size tank to fit the room. All proceeds of this sale will go to buying a new tank pending spousal approval haha.

This tank is a custom Coast to Coast tank which is brand new and has never had saltwater in it. I uploaded a picture of the original receipt and build sheets showing the pre-covid price so you can expect this would cost at least 25% more now. The tank is eurobraced with internal overflow and low iron 1/2" glass.

Since purchasing it I finished the plumbing with two 1.5" drain lines and 1" on the return and I've spent hundreds on the best schedule 80 fittings, ball valves and check valves you can buy. There are two simple plumbing connections to complete the system which I can finish if you are not comfortable but I was still thinking about options. I plumbed in three gate valves to the refugium area to have options for tumbling chaeto, multiple reactors or whatever else I could dream up. On the return line there is an apex flow sensor followed by a 1" Spears gate valve then a 15w aqua uv with three 1" cepex ball valves for servicing and finishing it up with a Georg Fischer wye check valve on the vertical return.

I planned on using a Jebao DCP-13000 return (I have two and both have never seen water), a lifereef SVS2-24 skimmer (I also have the HOB bracket for that) a 36" Aquatic Life G2 hybrid with 3x AI Primes and a couple of two little fishies 550 reactors which I outfitted with Colder quick disconnect fittings. I also have about 250# of rock that has been curing at 1.026 & 70°F for two years available for purchase. All of the above will be for sale separately if the eventual buyer does not want to buy them.

This listing is for the tank with stand, plumbing, Trigger Ruby36E sump, Neptune 1" flow sensor and Aqua UV and I'm asking $1,250. This would likely be over $5000 to build new and equivalent equipment now. We can do a leak test, I can help you load, just let me know what questions you have.

IMG_4245.jpg IMG_4247.jpg IMG_4248.jpg IMG_4260.jpg IMG_4262.jpg IMG_4264.jpg IMG_4275.jpg IMG_4273.jpg IMG_4274.jpg IMG_4263.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
seant2h

seant2h

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is a 36" Aquatic Life G2 hybrid with two AI Primes and a Neptune AFS bolted to the top. I plan to sell that fixture as well. Thanks for the question!

OP
OP
seant2h

seant2h

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice job on the plumbing. I bet you aren't too happy. They say a happy wife is a happy life. After about 10 years you learn that there is no such thing...
Ty, the plumbing was very calculated just like the discussion about a new tank.

Hubert J. Farnsworth

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
gorgeous stand, tank and plumb job and an awesome price. what are the dimensions on the overflow?

OP
OP
seant2h

seant2h

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
gorgeous stand, tank and plumb job and an awesome price. what are the dimensions on the overflow?
Thank you, I fought a good fight for space in the family room but knew it was a losing battle. We have settled on an Innovative Marine 40L on a custom 30” stand to keep it low.

The over flow is 6.75” x 13.5”. My plan was to grow mangroves in the overflow box. Another great feature is the “hidden lid” option with double euro bracing so a glass or screen lid can sit below the top of the euro bracing.

Attachments

• IMG_4439.jpeg
    IMG_4439.jpeg
    186.6 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_4438.jpeg
    IMG_4438.jpeg
    59 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_4440.jpeg
    IMG_4440.jpeg
    142.2 KB · Views: 48

Hubert J. Farnsworth

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thank you for the pics and details! that's a pretty clever bracing option that i haven't seen before, very cool.

i would actually prefer to go in the external overflow direction myself, but this is such a nice build and price i was curious. i think i've found another awesome deal on a waterbox, so i will just wish you good luck with your sale and keep an eye on this if that doesn't work out.

oceanhighz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if you consider selling the lighting separately, I may be interested depending on price. I'm only about 30 minutes away. Mostly interested in the hybrid t5

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 12.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 89 57.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.1%
Back