• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Salgado Aquatics

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

Jrod381

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, I was navigating through Salgado web page and I saw quite a few fish I liked. Prices are great, so I would like to know has anyone ever purchased from them? What did you buy and how was the health of the specimen?

thanks in advance

GoingBroke88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've bought from Salgado a number of times and everything was healthy. The only fish I've lost from them were a couple leopard wrasses that dove into the sand in my DT and never came back up. But I think that's more about that type of fish than it is Salgado.

I will admit though that I've never had anything shipped from them. I live in northern NJ so the first time I bought from them, I had them deliver to me. Everything showed up same day and looked good. I've also gone to their store in the Bronx 3x - everything looked pretty healthy and I always wind up buying more than I was anticipating. It's great if you're local - if you walk in, you can score better "in store special" prices.

OP
OP
Jrod381

Jrod381

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've bought from Salgado a number of times and everything was healthy. The only fish I've lost from them were a couple leopard wrasses that dove into the sand in my DT and never came back up. But I think that's more about that type of fish than it is Salgado.

I will admit though that I've never had anything shipped from them. I live in northern NJ so the first time I bought from them, I had them deliver to me. Everything showed up same day and looked good. I've also gone to their store in the Bronx 3x - everything looked pretty healthy and I always wind up buying more than I was anticipating. It's great if you're local - if you walk in, you can score better "in store special" prices.

thank you for the feedback, unfortunately I live in Florida so they would have to ship. I’m just hesitant to pull the trigger on some great pricing and pay $90 in shipping cost with fish that have no guarantee except DOA.

EvanDeVita

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

How much did local delivery cost?

GoingBroke88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you're within 25 miles, they'll deliver it to your doorstep for free. If it's beyond that, it can go up to $25-35. I've normally met them in northern NJ and paid $25 (since it was beyond the 25 miles).

EvanDeVita

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you're within 25 miles, they'll deliver it to your doorstep for free. If it's beyond that, it can go up to $25-35. I've normally met them in northern NJ and paid $25 (since it was beyond the 25 miles).
I live around 30 miles away so I'll do the same. Thanks for the advice!

BTW, just to be clear, you ordered the delivery to a random place within 25 miles and met them there?

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 95 76.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 12.0%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.4%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back