salifert calcium (two component)

Ilya_Tihomirov

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good time to all. Due to the fact that the test kit for salifert with three reagents has ended, I purchased a test kit with two reagents. I checked it on the reference liquid from FM - it showed ideally ~ 420. I began to check the water from my aquarium, the first - when adding 0.6 ml, the color does not change from blue, only a purple tint appears, the transition to pink begins only when another 0.1 ml is added (0.7 in total) after titration calcium is obtained ~ 480.
Taking back the test of three reagents, I measured the reference liquid FM and got ~420 again, measured the water from the aquarium and it was also ~420. What to do? how to understand the correct calcium? to throw out salifert to buy red sea, NYOS?

Are there representatives of salifert on the forum?

also prepare a new salt solution Red SEA (not pro) for substitution, I checked the new test and the color transition was at 0.6, but it showed ~480 calcium.

reefbandit

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
test kits are cheap get a different brand and see what it tests out as. Than average your results.

reefbandit

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That would be the only way to get some clarity. Either one or both of your test kits may be bad. It happens sometimes. At least you caught it.

OP
OP
I

Ilya_Tihomirov

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That would be the only way to get some clarity. Either one or both of your test kits may be bad. It happens sometimes. At least you caught it.
if the set is bad why does it show perfectly in the reference liquid?

Mark Goode

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine doesn't work either. It falls at step 4: Add 0.6 ml etc. "The color should now be pink".

Nope, it's blue. Always blue. I thought it was me doing it wrong, but it's not exactly difficult to follow, is it?

I bought a Red Sea kit, that works.

OP
OP
I

Ilya_Tihomirov

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yesterday I tried to measure again. The color transition to pink happened as expected after adding 0.6. then he intended 465. Maybe the representative of salifert will come out and tell us what we are doing wrong?

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 161 61.5%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 69 26.3%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 91 34.7%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 45 17.2%
  • Other

Votes: 69 26.3%
Back