Salifert Copper Test on Seachem Cupramine

Clownfish2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have been dosing seachem cupramine according to directions and testing it with seachem test kit. My results were 0.35-0.40.

I have used Salifert Test kits before so I decided to buy a salifert copper test kit. When I tested, it measured a much lower amount of copper.

Is the Salifert Copper Test kit compatible with cupramine?

Salifert:
3308D95E-70E6-43B7-AFFC-3C15A0029228.jpeg

Seachem Copper Test:
E1D3E799-89C2-4B2A-ACD6-4C6FF19AFE54.jpeg

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are both suitable test kits for cupramine. I'd suggest the Hanna high range copper checker. It's much easier to read because it provides a digital result.

Both of those tests look fairly close to me. But it is difficult to read them from a picture. I'd give it a .15-.20ppm from what I see.

You could always check the control of the seachem test as they give you a sample. This would help confirm you are getting an accurate result.

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are both suitable test kits for cupramine. I'd suggest the Hanna high range copper checker. It's much easier to read because it provides a digital result.

Both of those tests look fairly close to me. But it is difficult to read them from a picture. I'd give it a .15-.20ppm from what I see.

You could always check the control of the seachem test as they give you a sample. This would help confirm you are getting an accurate result.
Agree.

Hanna is the way to go.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 71 30.1%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 67 28.4%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 50 21.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 46 19.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.8%
Back