Salifert kh + ph buffer

James butchart

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi

I'm just starting to getting into the whole dosing thing. My dkh is 6.7 and I'd like to raise it to 8.
My tank is 130L.
My question is how to mix a liter of salifert kh and ph buffer for a automatic doser and how much I should dose each day.

It says on the tub "every 10ml powder per 25 gallons will approximately increase the alkalinity by 1.2 meq/l. This corresponds to an increase in carbonate hardiness by 3.3 German"

If you guys can help that would be great.

Cheers

Bayareareefer18

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ph buffers are typically not recommended. Can lead to more problems than good. What is your ph? Bring up your dkh and see where your ph lies

OP
OP
James butchart

James butchart

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you.

I'm also trying figure out how much product to mix with 1L of fresh water for my doser to dose 3ml.

SeaDweller

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you.

I'm also trying figure out how much product to mix with 1L of fresh water for my doser to dose 3ml.
Have you looked into making your own solution and dosing soda ash or baked baking soda to raise dkH? Or just use straight baking soda like I do sometimes. Randy has a well written article on some DIY stuff. Just looking at the conversions and what you're trying to accomplish makes me not want to use the product.

OP
OP
James butchart

James butchart

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought it last week and have already opened so cant bring it back and exchange it unfortunately. So I'd like to use it now instead of it going to waste.
Then I'll look into easier dosing options.

Get pet fish for kids she said, I never taught I'd get so sucked into this hobby.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you.

Well, that depends on how long you run the dosed and how much it delivers per minute.

OP
OP
James butchart

James butchart

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found what I was looking for. I need 4 fl/oz of fresh water for 10ml of powder. So to make up 1litre of premix for a container I need 32fl/oz and 80mls of powder.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 48 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 20.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 8.0%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.9%
Back