Salifert pH Test Help

CheifReeferNB

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 5, 2025
Messages
92
Reaction score
53
Location
Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am having trouble interpreting pH results on the color chart. The two tests are from an evening water sample and early morning water sample. My pH probe is giving me a high of 8.25 and low of 8.15 respectively. The salifert test seems to be between 8.3 and 8.6 in my opinion as the sample almost seems teal.

Can anyone with any experience with the salifert test give me their opinion on these results and what color matches best?


20260630_095628_8A0A9037-59B4-4A84-A5B9-A3B351B804AE.png


20260630_095628_122871C6-CB8F-4C3B-94B5-F9478AA6A0BB.png
 
I'm not a fan of pH test kits for a variety of reasons, but that color seems to indicate a fine pH in the low 8's range. pH is fine in a pretty wide range, at least including 7.8 to 8.6.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 10.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new