SALIFERT TEST KIT SYRINGE PROBLEM

Nutrient_Spike

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

Most of my 1ml syringes for my salifert titration kits Alk, Mg ETC... Have all had their numbers and graduations have rubbed off, can you use 3rd party syringes and still have the plastic tip to make the extra air gap be exactly the same and give the same reading? cannot actually test my water at the moment as I cannot afford brand new test kits. #reefsqaud

Thanks.

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would think they use an industry std. Syringe. Your local pharmacy might give you one, or charge a buck.

mike550

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had the same problem with Salifert syringes. I was able to find the following on Amazon for around $8-9. Sorry -- not great at copying links. But here is the item title from Amazon

BSTEAN 1ml 1cc Syringe with Luer Slip Tip, No Needle, Non-Sterile (Pack of 50)

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

Most of my 1ml syringes for my salifert titration kits Alk, Mg ETC... Have all had their numbers and graduations have rubbed off, can you use 3rd party syringes and still have the plastic tip to make the extra air gap be exactly the same and give the same reading? cannot actually test my water at the moment as I cannot afford brand new test kits. #reefsqaud

Thanks.

Use clear nail polish, to coat over the syringe's numbers.

OP
OP
N

Nutrient_Spike

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would think they use an industry std. Syringe. Your local pharmacy might give you one, or charge a buck.
Yeh might just have to dive in and buy some 3rd party ones and take it on the chin if they dont fit

OP
OP
N

Nutrient_Spike

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had the same problem with Salifert syringes. I was able to find the following on Amazon for around $8-9. Sorry -- not great at copying links. But here is the item title from Amazon

BSTEAN 1ml 1cc Syringe with Luer Slip Tip, No Needle, Non-Sterile (Pack of 50)
Thank you, I'll give it a go!

Isaac Alves

www.instagram.com/theloneaquarist/
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Replacement syringes for Salifert test kits? Do you guys like the BStean? And what about the plastic dispenser tip? I’ve lost mine and would love to buy some extras to have on hand. does anyone know what to buy?

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.7%
Back