Salt (blue bucket) mixing time

  • Thread starter Thread starter LetItReef
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1470498093.712901.jpg

There are two more hiding one is foot long engineer goby and the other is a Marin beta.
 
Ok. I will try to mix 3-4 hrs with no heater just pump- Red Sea Salt Blue bucket.
 
Doesn't really answer anything other then that little pump is generating quite a bit of heat in that very small volume of water. He didn't say what the temp of that water was just if the water is significantly higher then 24C it could cause precipitation. I agree a large pump that generates a lot of heat or a heater in the water will cause some precipitation. I also agree mixing beyond what's needed isn't necessary unless the saltmix contains organics of some kind.

But circulating the water continuously with out significant temp increase should not cause precipitation. If it did everyone's tanks would be a white cloud all the time.


And here.... we.... go....

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/m...cipitation-plausable-mythbuster-style.260770/

:p
 
Blue bucket mixes perfect within an hour or so and I leave it overnight for sure. No issues.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new