Salt water mollies(Sallies) preferred colors for sale.

Stealthreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I genuinely have no idea how to make a poll or even post a thread really, so apologies for all mistakes.

I have been working on a project to bring a salt water exclusive color Sally(shorthand for salt water mollies and in honor of Sally Jo from GARF).
It's been 6 years and I finally have a stabilized color that I didn't inbreed heavily to achieve. I call them Snakeskin Sallies.
Here's my pride and joy named Bad mfer:

I hit the wrong thing. darn it
I don't know how to delete, I hit enter and the whole thing posted way before I finished. I am sorry.
oh god I deleted the poll and not the post.
Okay going to get some coffee and think about my life...

Okay, if you read this and like Salt water mollies just tell me what colors you like and why, I will try to get a picture of my male that is the dad of the next generation. I turned on the lights and my purple tang started wigging out so I need to wait a while.

20231003_043205.jpg
They all rushed the camera when I started taking picture, it's the blue/green male with the black spots. That's the color I like and have been trying to breed towards but it occurred to me people might think it's ugly. Anyone seen mollies like this? 20231003_043155.jpg

Last edited:

Subsea

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After a post, you have several minutes to edit. I suggest you add a picture to your post.

I didn’t realize that Geothermal Aquaculture Research Foundation was still operational: Saly Jo Bullet Proof Aquarium

OP
OP
Stealthreefer

Stealthreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After a post, you have several minutes to edit. I suggest you add a picture to your post.

I didn’t realize that Geothermal Aquaculture Research Foundation was still operational: Saly Jo Bullet Proof Aquarium
They just went under recently unfortunately.
I may be the last person who got Grunge.

OP
OP
Stealthreefer

Stealthreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got my now ex wife pregnant right before the summer I was going to intern for them. Would have been a different life.

Shon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed blue freckles on various mollies reflects nice with the blue lights. Usually on the tails. Too bad they all went into the Chinese water dragons stomach. I think the reflective blues would look nice in most reef light settings.

I've actually been looking for midnight blue myself after finding it on Google. I don't think any are for sale, anywhere. Your post reminded me, and I just sent an email to Goliad Farms.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 35 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 124 57.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.5%
Back