• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Saltcritters

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

coldhybrid

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well i placed an order with them and was shocked at just how small the frags were but i guess you get what you pay for i wasn't expecting to get coral that was about 1/4 inch in size though. Only complaint i have is the overall size of the frags. The coral overall opened up with in minutes of being put in the tank so can't complain much just wish they were bigger the pics on site make them look alot bigger. Would i do buisness with them again maybe if they have larger stock available.

OP
OP
C

coldhybrid

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Photo01251051.jpg
Photo01251052.jpg
Photo01251052_1.jpg
the red mushrooms you see in the background are just a little bigger than a quarter and if you look at the frags these things are tiny i gave it the benefit of a doubt do to shipping stress etc lights have been on for a few hours now everything is open fully including the new frags and these are still super tiny im just really shocked by the pictures online like this one
Turkey_Leg__87356.1353631363.120.120.JPG
which is supose to be the first pic i posted huge difference in size etc

Rhino

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The size looks identicle to the picture. Notice the eggcrate in the picture? Single Heads only grow so big. If you want bigger pieces please see the wysiwyg items.

I have to agree with this. The eggcrate in the pic is an excellent size reference. Personally I would rather buy small cheap frags and watch them grow into colonies over time, rather than buy whole expensive colonies. But everyone is different :)

Ryan

joeyhatch11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most web sites even have listed in the details, the size reference of the frag to the egg creat its sitting on. I too would much rather buy small frags at a affordable price than buy big and spend more money.

Sent from my LG-C800 using Reef2Reef Aquarium Forum mobile app

joeyhatch11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most understand that plugs are roughly 1in diameter and base the frag off of that. Adding a ruler would take the guess work out of it for sure. But I figured most people would see then and realize how small they really are. Small or not, everything grows. Lol

Sent from my LG-C800 using Reef2Reef Aquarium Forum mobile app

OP
OP
C

coldhybrid

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its been four days since i originally posted this. The corals now indeed look more like the picture but still a little smaller than i thought they would be. Like i said before you get what you pay for im not mad just disappointed at the size that i assumed they would be bigger. As well as i never meant any negativity towards saltcritters just stating my opinion is all. Im actually placing another order this friday with them.

Rhino

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its been four days since i originally posted this. The corals now indeed look more like the picture but still a little smaller than i thought they would be. Like i said before you get what you pay for im not mad just disappointed at the size that i assumed they would be bigger. As well as i never meant any negativity towards saltcritters just stating my opinion is all. Im actually placing another order this friday with them.
good to hear your going back. I will be ordering from them once my tank is cycled.

Ryan

OP
OP
C

coldhybrid

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im very happy to report that the acans and corals are still doing very well ive only had them 8days so far and i have 1 acan already growing a 3rd eye/head which is pretty awesome i guess feeding these bad boys really make them grow fast.

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.3%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 42 17.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 161 67.1%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back