Saltwater hobby is stronger than ever!

What's your take on this?

I don't doubt the economy has had an impact on all hobbies. Saltwater hobbyists would be in my mind's eye more detailed and possibly more I dedicated, because of costs. More expensive, more inclined to stay with it than freshwater keepers.

With the way things are, more and more people are staying home and not spending on expensive trips or expensive items. Cost of living is increasing each year and it's having a impact on hobbies. Shipping to the UK and Europe has to be more expensive than the states. I would think that's why in the UK it's on a decline.
 
Social media has the biggest impact on this hobby.
How much time each Hobbyist spend on the forums, websites, livesales, FB instead in front of their tank?
I can say without taking it back that majority spend twice as much if not more on that, and with the tank.
It's more of a hobby to be associated with forums than your hobby it self
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new