Saltwater Juwel trigon 350

VexedTomb792

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 24, 2025
Messages
122
Reaction score
119
Location
Cornwall
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, new here got a Trigon 350 running the original Bioflow 8.0, an absolutely ancient but trouble free Eheim 2227 wet/dry and a Bubble magus HOB skimmer. 4x 6000l/h Hygger 112 wave pumps and a DD optical ATO. Currently stocked with Bicolour angel, 2 clowns, Sixline wrasse, Royal gramma, firefish, regal damsel, fire shrimp, 2 cleaner shrimps, 7 Halloween hermits, turbo snails and 3 orange tipped Bubbletip anemones.

IMG_2999.jpeg IMG_3060.jpeg
 
Last edited:
I love the shape of your tank! Fits perfectly in that corner!
 
I love the shape of your tank! Fits perfectly in that corner!
It really does, my living room is kinda an odd layout and no matter where you put the TV, sofas etc there is always a dead corner. Previously I had a 6ft large Cichlid ‘L’ shaped tank in the same corner which was ancient and starting to give me worries about integrity (did well it was 30 years old and had been moved 3 times) so I had to find a replacement that would take up the same corner. I settled on the Juwel trigon but a BIG one . Incidentally when I called a well known mail order Aquatics company to discuss availability/delivery I was put through to their ‘marine aquatics’ expert who told me that I could “never keep saltwater animals” in a Trigon as it wasn’t suitable, he even went so far as to say “everything will die almost instantly”!!! He could of course sell me a Red Sea reefer system 3 times the price that would guarantee my success. Now my Uncle when he was alive had 15 saltwater tanks, all with the most fascinating fish and creatures that filled me with wonder as I was growing up and started me in the hobby, he had the most basic of equipment and started keeping marine animals when the only way of getting them (shortly after WW2) was to get on a Dc10 prop plane and make the 5 stop trip to the Philippines, meet a young man in sandals that had caught them, stash them in a box by your feet and fly back to the UK with them. He bred so many fish and they lived for years. So, armed with this knowledge that fish COULD be kept without sumps, monitoring equipment, sterilisers and all other types of parifinalia I politely said “oh” ok thank you, hung the phone up and called one of their competitors and purchased exactly what I wanted and what I knew I’d need
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 5 38.5%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 23.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new