Saltwater Mixing Station Bulkhead Leaking

  • Thread starter Thread starter Fringe09
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Fringe09

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
May 7, 2014
Messages
630
Reaction score
327
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Guys,

Brand new saltwater mixing station. The bulkhead on the saltwater mixing barrel is leaking very little under load when the pump is circulating the water. Attached is a picture of it showing where the leak is coming from. Any suggestions? Thank you.

Bulkhead_Leaking_Resized.jpg
 
Not sure if you can grab the inside. If not, I would try to just make it tighter. Did you put it together or did you buy it like that? Whenever mine starts to leak a little, I just tighten it.
 
I was at the factory when they drilled the whole and installed the bulkheads. I can try loosening, pulling it, and tightening again.
 
Just be careful not to over tighten it, they can break.

Could be a burr on the tank that is under the gasket causing it to leak. When you loosen it, look for roughness around the hole.
 
Loosening, pulling in, and tightening it back up seems to have done the trick.
 
That looks correct. Pic of mine below. It's a little different, but you same principle. Body and seal washer on outside. Rest, on the inside.
IMG_0268.JPG
IMG_0267.JPG
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 8.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new