Saltwater storage

MichaelP121579

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 27, 2018
Messages
988
Reaction score
308
Location
Tennessee
What state or country do you live in
Tennessee
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Last Saturday I bought a Brute Garbage can I washed it thoroughly and dried it. I mixed 30 gallons of water (rodi) Instant Ocean RC temp is 78.0 salinity is 1.025 a few mins ago I was getting ready for water change and I see this.
I kept the lid on it so nothing has fell in the water.
Any ideas?
Thanks in advance

20190202_103229.jpg


20190202_103250.jpg
 
Had RC salt do this to me on quite a few occasions. Did you dump all the salt in at once? I have the best luck adding the salt slowly so this doesn't happen.
 
Had RC salt do this to me on quite a few occasions. Did you dump all the salt in at once? I have the best luck adding the salt slowly so this doesn't happen.
I added 3 cups at a time until it got to correct salinity
 
Mixed SW does not store well long, better to have RO/DI on hand and mix when needed.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 19.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 41 31.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 19 14.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new