Saltwater tank side step...

yama

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
views on which tank would be preferable for Saltwater would be great.

Due to a tank shut down of one of my fresh water tanks, i now have a spare tank going which im thinking may be a better replacement for my current tank Flowr Saltwater tank, depending on wether with Salt tanks is it swimming room or water volume that is prefered?

• so my current tank is a Betta Lifespace 1000 with sump - Size of tank 0.9m x 0.6m x0.6m 324Ltr + 120litre sump.

• Second tank that I'm thinking of using instead - Size of tank 1.3m x 0.5m x 0.5m 325Ltr no sump currently but has FX6 canister filter. (this tank is aluminum framed and lidded)

would you prefer an extra 0.4m swiming length which is nearly an extra 50% than the current thank or would the extra 0.1m width & depth be more preferable?

I know that i would be losing the sump, but to be honest i hate sumps compared to running maintenace on a tank with the Fluva FX range as its just so easy to use, being able to pump water out to a drain and use the intergrated gravel vacume thats avalible for these canisters.

view appreciated

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You would find the longer tank better suited to fish that love to "stretch" their legs a bit like tangs, big angels, the large wrasses, sharks, etc.

OP
OP
Y

yama

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm thinking the longer tank may be better purely just due to water noise reduction.

Although current fish stock would appreciate it.
Vampire tang
Blue hamlet
Flame angel
Pair of engineer gobys
Pair of clown fish
Pair of domino damsels
Small burrfish
Small cowfish.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 18 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 155 67.4%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back