SaltwaterandLime's epic adhd build thread....

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We went to @WWC in Orlando this weekend and picked up some awesome rock. It's tideline shapes and very light and looks great I think. Ivarr and I have been playing around with different scape options trying to decide what we like

IMG_20220828_190329_716.jpg

20220830_182411.jpg
Very nice rocks . And beautiful cat .
assuming yours is also a Himalayan ?

OP
OP
SaltwaterandLime

SaltwaterandLime

Reefing with ADHD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finished filling the tank up this morning. Took a total of about 57 gallons. I'm definitely going to have to order a lid soon.....

Going to finish working on enclosing the cabinet while it cycles.

PhotoGrid_Plus_1662394119599.jpg

OP
OP
SaltwaterandLime

SaltwaterandLime

Reefing with ADHD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a friend who owns a LFS a few hours from us and he mentioned to me that he is currently replacing all the lights in his shop.......so, looks like I'm gonna score a few used radions ! Super excited because up until now I really had no idea what I was going to do for lighting.

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a friend who owns a LFS a few hours from us and he mentioned to me that he is currently replacing all the lights in his shop.......so, looks like I'm gonna score a few used radions ! Super excited because up until now I really had no idea what I was going to do for lighting.
Everyone needs a good friend like that. .

congratulations

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He's the one who got me hooked on saltwater a few years ago when he gave me an old biocube, lol. Not sure my husband has ever forgiven him
A little outside inspiration is all that’s needed .
Isn’t saltwater a wonderful thing …
There are tons of other far more expensive hobbies to get into .
on top of reefing I also chose a pilot license as a second hobby .

OP
OP
SaltwaterandLime

SaltwaterandLime

Reefing with ADHD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So just an FYI for anyone interested.....the Sicce SDC 6.0 pumps WILL fit in the return chambers of the tideline 62g lagoon tank, but even turned all the way down they are too powerful. Going to be selling them to get something else.

OP
OP
SaltwaterandLime

SaltwaterandLime

Reefing with ADHD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A friend is working on creating a 3d printed media basket to replace the filter socks in the back compartments of the tideline 62. I absolutely hate these things.
20220925_174841.jpg

OP
OP
SaltwaterandLime

SaltwaterandLime

Reefing with ADHD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Getting geared up for this dang hurricane. Fairly nervous about this one. Fingers crossed I don't lose anything.

This hurricane has the same name as my 17 year old son, so he keeps getting texts from friends asking why he's terrorizing the state.

OP
OP
SaltwaterandLime

SaltwaterandLime

Reefing with ADHD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Made it thru hurricane Ian with no significant damage. Quite a few branches down and it looks like we might have lost part of the back garage that was already damaged before the storm.

I've made the crazy decision to move the tideline tank before installing the hanging lights. Not much, just a couple of feet to the right

OP
OP
SaltwaterandLime

SaltwaterandLime

Reefing with ADHD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got the tank moved over where I wanted it (all by myself even!).... then started working on hanging my new lights. Have to make a stop at Lowes tomorrow before I can finish.

My boys found out I planned on hanging the lights and are not happy with the idea. They keep reminding me that once I do that it means I can't ever move anything again.

PhotoGrid_Plus_1664582156484.jpg

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got the tank moved over where I wanted it (all by myself even!).... then started working on hanging my new lights. Have to make a stop at Lowes tomorrow before I can finish.

My boys found out I planned on hanging the lights and are not happy with the idea. They keep reminding me that once I do that it means I can't ever move anything again.

PhotoGrid_Plus_1664582156484.jpg
Lights can’t ever be moved once installed ?

OP
OP
SaltwaterandLime

SaltwaterandLime

Reefing with ADHD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also installed an innovative marine helio heater system to the tideline tank. I've been so happy with how stable these have been on my smaller tanks, I decided to go with them again. It does have an audible alarm, the only thing that could possibly make it better is a wifi/text notification.

20220930_125928.jpg

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 22.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back