SaltwaterandLime's epic adhd build thread....

OP
OP
SaltwaterandLime

SaltwaterandLime

Reefing with ADHD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
SaltwaterandLime

SaltwaterandLime

Reefing with ADHD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had been wanting to use starboard for the bottom of the waterbox 25 peninsula.... but was struggling with how expensive it is. This morning I found an amazing deal on Amazon.

Screenshot_20221204_083613_Amazon Shopping.jpg

This cutting board is the same type of plastic as marine starboard and is almost the exact perfect dimensions for the waterbox 25. I will need to trim about a half inch off the length. It was $30 with free shipping and also comes in white

Fatmike92

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got my filter cups from rhinos reef today. He of course made them perfectly ME!

They fit great and are already working like a charm

@OutColdCoral @gtownrsx

20221125_165920.jpg
20221125_165351.jpg
20221125_165356.jpg
20221125_165642.jpg
Oh I love these!!!! Been struggling with my 62 TL and this chamber.

I’ve got circle filter socks wedged in there at the moment lol

checking it out now

Fatmike92

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Horrible video quality made even worse by turning it into a gif, but hopefully this will give you some idea.

I ended up taking them apart and trimming a bit of plastic off each propeller to make them spin a little easier, but they still aren't great. You can actually remove the spinning pieces entirely and have it just come out in one big direction, but I don't like that it's open to snails them. I'm planning on upgrading the pumps eventually so maybe that will increase the spin.

I upgraded my pumps when I was setting up. Wish I would of gone one size bigger than I got.

mine spins at about the same rate. Haven’t noticed it slow down yet.

Lagoon reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
that's exactly how mine spins right now after a week of use with the stock pumps. I ordered new bulk heads to put on some loc lines and random flow nozzles! should be better than cleaning them every other week

OP
OP
SaltwaterandLime

SaltwaterandLime

Reefing with ADHD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that's exactly how mine spins right now after a week of use with the stock pumps. I ordered new bulk heads to put on some loc lines and random flow nozzles! should be better than cleaning them every other week

What bulkheads did you find to fit the weird size holes?

OP
OP
SaltwaterandLime

SaltwaterandLime

Reefing with ADHD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20221207_161325.jpg

Delivery day yesterday from Tampa Bay rocks. Received 8 pounds of rubble which I split between the back chambers of my two nano tanks. I originally planned on only putting it in one but it was more rock than I expected which was great.

Lagoon reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
What bulkheads did you find to fit the weird size holes?

Lifegard Aquatics 1/2-Inch Standard Threaded Bulkhead https://a.co/d/c4Rcm3O

I used these here! And then just purchased all 1/2in loc line parts. I’m waiting on some barbed 90 degree fittings to put in the back because the ones that came with the tank won’t fit into the bulk heads.

OutColdCRNA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lifegard Aquatics 1/2-Inch Standard Threaded Bulkhead https://a.co/d/c4Rcm3O

I used these here! And then just purchased all 1/2in loc line parts. I’m waiting on some barbed 90 degree fittings to put in the back because the ones that came with the tank won’t fit into the bulk heads.
Going to switch mine out as well. My tank is still cycling and one of the spinners has already shut down. Where did you find the 90 elbow fitting?

Lagoon reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Going to switch mine out as well. My tank is still cycling and one of the spinners has already shut down. Where did you find the 90 elbow fitting?
Brs has some! But I also think that on Amazon you can find those same ones with the rear 90 fitting as a set. Should just be a 1/2 90 fitting

OP
OP
SaltwaterandLime

SaltwaterandLime

Reefing with ADHD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not much happening right now as far as projects go, just trying to get past the holidays and busy weekends. I find it interesting that my 10g with mostly softys and a tiny bit of encrusting sps is dropping faster in alk every day than my 62g tank is.

OP
OP
SaltwaterandLime

SaltwaterandLime

Reefing with ADHD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Road trip to visit family for Christmas. My wonderful husband bought me two new return pumps for the tideline as my Christmas present. Can't wait to get them installed. The pumps that came with the tank seem to get clogged up and slow down very easily

20221224_084704.jpg

OP
OP
SaltwaterandLime

SaltwaterandLime

Reefing with ADHD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Major difference in flow after upgrading the pumps. We went with the sicce syncra 1.5 and I actually had to close up the intake on them slightly too jeep from running the pump chambers dry faster than they could refill. ..

Before I installed them in the 62g I did check to see if it would fit in the return chamber of the waterbox 25 also but it won't. I'm going to be upgrading that to the sicce 1.0 which is what I had it in originally before I stole it for the 10g

OP
OP
SaltwaterandLime

SaltwaterandLime

Reefing with ADHD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ATO on the tideline stopped working randomly. I used to keep a spare one but when I set up the extra tank to hold the soft coral I used my spare. Ordered one to be here next week but will have to be careful about keeping it filed up daily. I was pushing the limits on that ato anyway, I had been using a nano sized and it struggled pushing the water into the tank

OP
OP
SaltwaterandLime

SaltwaterandLime

Reefing with ADHD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20230103_183640.jpg

And now for the ugly truth. The tideline tank is struggling. So am I, really. The holidays always suck. I haven't been keeping up with testing and water changes... and for some reason no matter what I do I can't keep the water level steady. Plus the skimmer is back to dumping a TON of bubbles into the tank so the entire right side of the tank looks like a washing machine with all the foam

NTar11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20230103_183640.jpg

And now for the ugly truth. The tideline tank is struggling. So am I, really. The holidays always suck. I haven't been keeping up with testing and water changes... and for some reason no matter what I do I can't keep the water level steady. Plus the skimmer is back to dumping a TON of bubbles into the tank so the entire right side of the tank looks like a washing machine with all the foam
Did you get your ATO replaced? I no longer have any water level issues. My only issue right now is some algae issues. Been dosing microbacter7 and microbacter clean consistently. This has seemed to help keep things from getting worse. My next water change will be the real tell once I clean up the sand bed. Not sure if this helps you with any of your issues. Sorry to hear things have been rough I hope things with get better for you.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back