• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Saltyreef's Feedback Thread

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

ReefyTank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got my 2 mushrooms from him today and everything was well shipped and in great health.

Very responsive and provided updates through the process. Would definetly buy from Salty again.

Fish Roommate

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I highly recommend Saltyreef. I Purchased a Colorado Sunburst Anemone, and it looks amazing. Healthy corals, great packaging, fast delivery, and excellent communication. Will buy from again.

OP
OP
Saltyreef

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Nickolas

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Didnt take a photo but I Purchased a beautiful Jawbreaker and Maui Wowie from Saltyreef, I got them yesterday and visual inspection and dipping didnt reveal any pests! He is very communicative, because of the storm/hurricane he made sure to check UPS website to see if it would impact shipping and thankfully it didnt.

I should mention he also included a freebie gonzo !

For packaging:
the box had a little heatpack to keep them warm
The mushrooms were mounted on frag plugs which came in little sauce cups, the bottom of the plug was stuck through the bottom of the cup so they wouldnt move around through all of that handling from the shipping company
These little guys were all double bagged in case of any leakage of water which there wasn't

He wanted to be confident the corals would arrive here safely, and they did the next day.
very happy with my purchase!

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As already said Salty is an awesome dude and easy to deal with. Cant remember what came up, maybe a shipping delay that was totally out of anyone's control but before it was even sorted out Salty was ready to make it right. Never came to that and shrooms arrived perfectly healthy and doing awesome in my system. Terrible pic and hard to see but All JB are starting to show red specks and stripes at this point. Dont sleep on these old school JB's. Totally unlike the fussy, detaching new school JB floating around. Super healthy strong shrooms. Digging the color on these as well:D
20210830_175313.jpg

OP
OP
Saltyreef

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Didnt take a photo but I Purchased a beautiful Jawbreaker and Maui Wowie from Saltyreef, I got them yesterday and visual inspection and dipping didnt reveal any pests! He is very communicative, because of the storm/hurricane he made sure to check UPS website to see if it would impact shipping and thankfully it didnt.

I should mention he also included a freebie gonzo !

For packaging:
the box had a little heatpack to keep them warm
The mushrooms were mounted on frag plugs which came in little sauce cups, the bottom of the plug was stuck through the bottom of the cup so they wouldnt move around through all of that handling from the shipping company
These little guys were all double bagged in case of any leakage of water which there wasn't

He wanted to be confident the corals would arrive here safely, and they did the next day.
very happy with my purchase!
Thank you for your awesome review and I hope everything grows fast and thrives!
Happy reefing!

OP
OP
Saltyreef

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As already said Salty is an awesome dude and easy to deal with. Cant remember what came up, maybe a shipping delay that was totally out of anyone's control but before it was even sorted out Salty was ready to make it right. Never came to that and shrooms arrived perfectly healthy and doing awesome in my system. Terrible pic and hard to see but All JB are starting to show red specks and stripes at this point. Dont sleep on these old school JB's. Totally unlike the fussy, detaching new school JB floating around. Super healthy strong shrooms. Digging the color on these as well:D
20210830_175313.jpg
Thank you Thank you!!
Those kmaintls are lookin great!
Cant wait to see what they turn into a few years down the road :)

tuco2018

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Purchased 3 beautiful pieces (gods spawn, magic carpet and Godzilla )from @Saltyreef over the weekend, received today in perfect condition and in great packaging . These healthy corals were in my qt and flourishing within minutes of being introduced, will be keeping my eye out on anything else he decides to sell.

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if you caught it in my thread but the Kmaintl started dropping babies for me. All 3 have at least one but sure I see a cpl other boogers here and there:D.
20211109_160643.jpg

OP
OP
Saltyreef

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if you caught it in my thread but the Kmaintl started dropping babies for me. All 3 have at least one but sure I see a cpl other boogers here and there:D.
20211109_160643.jpg
Yea they are baby layers for sure :)
The feet inflate then pop a new shroom head all the time.
That one with red is gonna be dead sexy.

Thanks for the update my brother!
I love seeing how the fam is doing away from the nest :)

I can only imagine how some look today...been slanging them for close to 6 years :)

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea they are baby layers for sure :)
The feet inflate then pop a new shroom head all the time.
That one with red is gonna be dead sexy.

Thanks for the update my brother!
I love seeing how the fam is doing away from the nest :)

I can only imagine how some look today...been slanging them for close to 6 years :)
They all have some red in them. The color on cap is what sets them apart for me. As we'll as strong hardiness!They really never missed a beat coming to my system.Love the old school genes man can't wait to fill this bowl up with salty shrooms haha.
That little one I got is a sleeper for sure. I may separate her to her own bowl so I can keep my eye on her and babies:D

OP
OP
Saltyreef

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They all have some red in them. The color on cap is what sets them apart for me. As we'll as strong hardiness!They really never missed a beat coming to my system.Love the old school genes man can't wait to fill this bowl up with salty shrooms haha.
That little one I got is a sleeper for sure. I may separate her to her own bowl so I can keep my eye on her and babies:D
Thats awesome. I love when shrooms behave nice.

And Lmk bro. I got that wwc sour apple with your name on it!
20211106_170958.jpg

wish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I purchased

For sale OG kmaintl Jawbreaker grandmother​

and it arrived just like the picture and was impressed with his communication. It was nice to meet someone who cares about his corals as much as I do! Thanks for the amazing mushroom! Sellers picture

Attachments

• 35D1A61E-7692-47E3-84E6-E26399A00A99.png
    35D1A61E-7692-47E3-84E6-E26399A00A99.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 52

d'oh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Purchased a jawbreaker with some red and a spot of green through private message. Communication and packaging was first rate, the mushrooms (he threw in a freebie) were super healthy and open. The jb's color was crazy bright.
Would happily purchase from Saltyreef again.

reeftwincities

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just received a sizable order of jawbreakers from Saltyreef. I had a great experience. He sent multiple rounds of pictures to help me decide what I wanted and was great about communication. I would definitely purchase from him again.

In general the jawbreakers are insane. They pop yellow!! A really unique mushroom! Very happy with the experience.

JB.jpg

Tom nhia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I was looking for an mp10 and SaltyReef pm'ed me with one for a great price. He's super responsive and helpful. He threw in a 3d printed nem guard as well. Great experience overall!

Chemaholic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Purchased a Milwaukee refractometer. Everything went smooth. The item was as described and shipping was very prompt. I would not hesitate to deal with Salty in the future!

Jonathan4848

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased some mushrooms from @Saltyreef and I received them with no issues. It was a pleasure doing the transaction and texting to stay informed. Thanks again and looking forward to doing business again.

OP
OP
Saltyreef

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just completed a Jawbreaker trade with @Larry Bowens Jr
He was very communicative throughout the length of the trade and the specimen arrived very healthy. The transaction/trade was hassle free.

Would do business with him again in the future. Very trustworthy member. Highly recommended.

20230418_164635.jpg

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 11 26.2%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 34 81.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.8%
Back