4D0E96DA-307A-4A80-93E1-0085EC599060.jpeg
A37DB5DB-3256-450E-AC8C-88C9C3681F68.jpeg

1ocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
love all the colors...you are giving me lots of ideas of what to add to the top portion of my 300. Just going to add a few super special sps... which will be mixed reef when I do. Tank is bare bottom, except back right corner has 20 pounds of sand for 2 wrasses...

OP
OP
SamsReef

SamsReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
love all the colors...you are giving me lots of ideas of what to add to the top portion of my 300. Just going to add a few super special sps... which will be mixed reef when I do. Tank is bare bottom, except back right corner has 20 pounds of sand for 2 wrasses...
Yeah. Acros are super happy with 500-700 PAR and high flow and LPS are happy on the bottom.

Hillpag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Incredible! Inspiring for this LPS reefer, some of those close-ups remind me of magic rocks from the 70s, anyone remember them?

can you tell us a bit about your feeding practice? supplements? Remarkable growth here, would love to learn more about your approach for such explosive growth!

spsick

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Incredible! Inspiring for this LPS reefer, some of those close-ups remind me of magic rocks from the 70s, anyone remember them?

can you tell us a bit about your feeding practice? supplements? Remarkable growth here, would love to learn more about your approach for such explosive growth!

Here’s the recent totm article

OP
OP
SamsReef

SamsReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Here’s the recent totm article

Thanks mate for the link to the article.

In summary, I don’t feed corals. Fishes get quality food (Piscine PE mysis and Nori sheet) daily as well I maintain nitrate at around 15. Sometimes it requires dosing nitrates (ESV, brightwell or ME nitrate are the ones I have used in the past). I also feel dosing little bit of Tropic Marine trace elements helps in bringing the colors out.

Sam

Hillpag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks mate for the link to the article.

In summary, I don’t feed corals. Fishes get quality food (Piscine PE mysis and Nori sheet) daily as well I maintain nitrate at around 15. Sometimes it requires dosing nitrates (ESV, brightwell or ME nitrate are the ones I have used in the past). I also feel dosing little bit of Tropic Marine trace elements helps in bringing the colors out.

Sam
Yes your colors are sensational! I have been told that fish food and the fish themselves are adequate for fertilizing. Very helpful and thanks for sharing these details!

FishFriend11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank is up and running for two years now and the little frags have grown to beautiful colonies. First a little introduction of the tank.

Tank Spec: Customer Miracles aquarium with external overflow. Dimension - 72"X36"X30".
Lighting: 8X80 ATI sunpower fixture with all ATI bulbs, 1 400 Watt radium 20K and 2 Kessils.
Sump: 150 Gallon sump built by Miracles aquarium to my specs
Dosing: GEO 818 Calcium reactor with Aquarium plants equipments
Export: oversized DIABLO skimmer, GFO, Carbon

The tank has been setup since 2013 June. All corals started with 1-2" frags. The vision is to build a SPS dominated tank with Zoas and LPS on the sandbed. the center arc took me a few hours inside the tank. Feedback welcome. Here are some pictures...

Right side 2.JPG
Front Left.JPG
Amazing tank. I will be following this.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 23.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 34.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 29.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back