Sand bed science

  • Thread starter Thread starter santeeeyyy
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

santeeeyyy

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 1, 2023
Messages
765
Reaction score
459
Location
Queen creek
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_4914.jpeg

I took these at night and noticed a lot of brown dirt mass underneath the black sand. What does everyone else’s sand bed look like? My other tanks has different sand bed looks as well and one with a lot of spaghetti worms IMG_4911.jpeg
 
Your sand is more gravel like than mine. I used the fiji pink live sand but wish I had gone with special grade. My goby and snails keep it clean though. I don't see the buildup you are seeing in yours.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 29.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 5 18.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new