Sand bed

sbazain

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question want to remove the sand bed to help with the fight against dinos but i have three wrasse and i know they sleep under the sand what can i do so nothing happens to them

SeaJay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn’t keep them without a sandbed. I quit QTing wrasses without sand just because it’s so stressful for the fish. I tried the container of sand and my red coris just couldn’t figure it out.

OP
OP
sbazain

sbazain

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn’t keep them without a sandbed. I quit QTing wrasses without sand just because it’s so stressful for the fish. I tried the container of sand and my red coris just couldn’t figure it out.
I figured it was going to be a problem maybe leaving them a corner with sand

Adele

I don't sing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was considering the same thing but have a 6-line that I don't want to stress out. Wondered if I left a back corner walled in with sand if he would know to go to that area.

SeaJay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was considering the same thing but have a 6-line that I don't want to stress out. Wondered if I left a back corner walled in with sand if he would know to go to that area.
My red coris about killed himself trying to hide in a bare bottom QT.

jeffchapok

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 4" deep sandbed and yet my 6 line sleeps in a crack between the rocks. I think they'll make do.

Badguy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I placed frozen food on the sand bowl semi buried .It helped my wrasse figure it out . I was able to QT my Green Cori Wrasse with no issue. Just make sure to cover the QT.Give him a time to mellow out ...he did get a couple good dives into the glass .... Thank God for the Bowl ,I had to wake him up multiple times for him to eat when i was leaving for work .

SeaJay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I placed frozen food on the sand bowl semi buried .It helped my wrasse figure it out . I was able to QT my Green Cori Wrasse with no issue. Just make sure to cover the QT.Give him a time to mellow out ...he did get a couple good dives into the glass .... Thank God for the Bowl ,I had to wake him up multiple times for him to eat when i was leaving for work .
I coaxed mine into the container and he stayed in there for a while. Then when he emerged from the sand he couldn’t find his way out of the container and freaked out. It was only about two inches taller than the sand bed. He just banged himself into the sides for a few minutes.

I think I established that the container should not be completely clear.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back